"I Do"
He gives beauty for ashes, Strength for fear, Gladness for mourning, Peace for despair
When sorrow seems to surround you, When suffering hangs heavy o'er your head, Know that tomorrow brings Wholeness and healing, God knows your need, Just believe what He said.
He gives beauty for ashes...
When what you've done keeps you from moving on, When fear wants to make itself at home in your heart, Know that forgiveness brings Wholeness and healing, God knows your need, Just believe what He said.
He gives beauty for ashes...
I once was lost but God has found me, Though I was bound I've been set free, I've been made righteous in His sight, A display of His splendor all can see
He gives beauty for ashes, Strength for fear, Gladness for mourning, Peace for despair
This is a song by Crystal Lewis. I love it! Imagine, ashes becoming beautiful again, like they were intended to be, to a "display of His splendor all can see". God transforming our lives makes us into what he originally intended us to be- beautiful inside and out. This makes me think of my brother's wedding this past weekend. Lindsay (his wife) is truly beautiful both inside and out, and her wearing a gorgeous, white dress is like God's transforming us. While we are all sinful and have pasts that have burned us emotionally, physically and spiritually, we can become beautiful and spotless through Jesus. How cool :o)
The wedding also makes me think of the Church as a bride. When Scott saw Lindsay walk down the aisle (finally the long awaited moment had arrived!), he began to cry some. I just picture Jesus finally celebrating with his bride, the Church, one day in Heaven. What an awesome and emotional moment!
As for the wedding and everything itself...
My brother is married! I feel weird referring to them as "my brother and his wife" rather than calling Lindsay his fiance or girlfriend. I do feel really blessed having her added to our family. They'll get along great in KC, but we are going to miss seeing them.
I really enjoyed being a bridesmaid and seeing relatives and old friends again. I definitely cried through a third of the ceremony.
I posted pictures on facebook, but they're mostly of the reception, and I have a ton more.
1 Comments:
Lindsey, I'm loving the post. So good to hear: We're His Bride and He redeems us from our pasts and makes us spotless for fellowship with Him. MMmm! Just read a devo this week about how "words whispered from the pillow" can be more powerful than shouted petitions. (Makes me think, too, about some wise words a friend/mentor once shared about the power of simple prayer.) Mmmm! Alright, see ya soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home