The Case for Lindsey

My thoughts, life lessons, views on the world, what's shaping me...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ranting

So, I totally forgot about this blog until I was having lunch with Eamonn the other day, and he mentioned it. Figured I should post something new :o)
Today as I was sitting in church, I got kind of upset about what I saw. I feel like this happens a lot in the church, too. Too often, sermons are preached that consist of "you're doing this wrong" and "Church, change this about yourself". Honestly, does that motivate you to do anything differently?
Here's some motivation from a song that we sang (during the same service. funny.)
"Amazing love, how can it be
that you my king would die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true
and it's my joy to honor you,
In all I do, I honor you."

Shouldn't Jesus be our motivation to run from darkness to light? Or from sin to taking on His character? Or from everything we're told we're "doing wrong" to doing what he would do?
Think of this. What motivates you more? Thinking about what Jesus did for you on the cross so you could be saved from all of those things you're "doing wrong", and realizing how little your sacrafice is when compared to his suffering? Or being preached at all of your faults and being told to change them?
Maybe our church needs to change the way we think about things.

Let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home